W. Lacrosse. LAX Postgame Notes: USC at UC Davis
April 23, 2017
|LAX Postgame Notes: USC at UC Davis
The Women of Troy took down UC Davis, 18-9, to wrap up the regular season undefeated in league games
April 23, 2017
Recap | Final Stats
- USC improved to 5-0 all-time against UC Davis.
- The win secured the second consecutive undefeated conference regular season for the Women of Troy. USC went unscathed through the league schedule in 2016 (9-0) and won the final game of 2015.
- The Women of Troy extended their conference regular-season winning streak to 18 straight MPSF games to tie the league record of 18 set by Denver (2013-15).
- USC won its eighth straight game; the team’s longest winning streak this season and the second longest in program history.
- The Trojans have now won 34 of their last 38 games.
- USC had three players score hat tricks in the same game for the sixth time this season. Stetson (Feb. 26); New Hampshire (March 13); Dartmouth (March 19); Ohio State (March 26); Fresno State (March 31).
- Senior attacker Michaela Michael scored four goals (or more) in a game for the 15th time in her career and secured a hat trick for the 38th time in her career.
- Michael grabbed 10 draw controls for her ninth-career game in double-digits for draw controls.
- Senior attacker Kylie Drexel scored four goals in a game for the sixth time in her career and for the second time in as many games. It was her 15th-career game with at least a hat trick.
- Senior attacker Drew Jackson set a new career high with four goals and put together her fourth-career hat trick game. She scored three goals in the space of 28 seconds during the first half.
- Freshman attacker Ashley Hill collected a career-high five points with career marks of two goals and three assists.
- Freshman defender Avery Hogarth set a new career high with four ground balls.
- Freshman goalie Hannah Upshaw set a new career high with five saves in just 22 minutes of action.
Read Full Article